Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nugget's Nursery- Built in Desk back to Closet

This weekend I really started to make room for Nugs.  I needed to clean our room anyway, so I just went all the way and started some remodeling.  We had a built in desk that used to be a closet in our bedroom.  We never used it as a closet because we have that huge room that is holding all of our clothes. 
 
Step 1: Clear out the desk.  I realized I should have taken a before picture, but just take my word for it, it was a disaster.
The wood along the bottom held the desk part.  That has now been recycled into a shelf to hold our extra pillows and blankets.  I tried to unscrew the boards, but when Bill installed them, he made it for life.  I then had to remove all those stickers that I thought were so cute when I put them up.  It was a pain in the butt, my shoulders are still sore this morning.
 
Step 2:  Hang clothes
 
I have lots of different closet pieces to steal from the other room, I just had to find the ones that fit.  I started to steal a rod and it ended up being to short, so I had to take the longest one we have.  We installed it, then added the shelf right above it.  This actually holds much more than I originally thought.  Now there is still a ton of wasted space.  With a two bedroom house, I am not allowing wasted space anymore.

Step 3: Add more storage
So we stole some shoe storage and shelves from next door and made our own little closet system.  I utilized all the space above to store the millions of blankets and pillows we have.  Now this is not any where near all of our clothes, but it sure took away a good portion of them.  The next step is to paint and then we are going to purchase a closet system to hold the rest.  Dufda was very surprised at how much we were able to fit and organize in this little space. 

After making this closet all day, I realized that I can no longer go like use to.  I could barely stand up my back hurt so bad.  I was getting out of a chair like I was 40 weeks pregnant instead of just 16.  A nursery should just be put into your house the second you are married, I bet it would be a lot more fun to make then.

5 comments:

  1. Any current Coleman tents regardless that these sports any Coleman identity continue to cartier replica sale billed to make sure that all tenting friends and family is able to afford him or her. These can be bought in a wide range of types together with varieties to include going to sleep a pair of, 3, 6 or simply 8 consumers. Certain Coleman tents even have supplemental screened room's joined or simply supplemental settings that will retail outlet an individual's rado replica apparatus. Coleman is not going to basically avoid utilizing tents and also they come up with lanterns, backpacks, going to sleep sacks and more. Every last Coleman camping tent is available available utilizing countless options which include carpet seams, ventilation screens, fly on an airline trellis seams even more including distinguish sacks meant for poles, camping tent together with camping tent blind levels. Any Coleman tents for at this time take care of the same exact good superior when the tents constructed a long time ago, but some fashionable tents rolex replica sale utilizing cutting-edge opportunities to add to an individual's coziness together with benefits. Present-day tents may come utilizing these types of solutions mainly because hinged entry doors together with impressive equipment crafted ideal during. Coleman tents lead to superior you could rado replica sale, which means that regardless if any elements is available tipping affordable for your warmer summer months tenting visit you are likely to vacation heat together with free of moisture. Team shoots happen to be terrific, going to sleep sacks happen to be fine, however , very little shows breitling replica sale for example going to sleep from a heat free of moisture camping tent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning for the landing of a child and the nursery is energizing. It is a great deal of fun arranging a nursery with such a large number of differed conceivable outcomes to browse. You will presumably make a decent attempt to verify that everything in the nursery is emphatically ideal for the entry of your infant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love to swim and outdoor activities. You shown some really important things about the above things. Thanks for providing the info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Experienced travellers claim that you should travel light on luggage and heavy on knowledge. Genuine globetrotters point out that everywhere you go, the hotels, restaurants, and shops will have everything you need. Moreover, if you keep your suitcase empty on your outbound trip, you have lots of room for all the great one-of-a-kind items you will pick-up on your travels.

    ReplyDelete