Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 1 - Go to Hardware store

Since we are making our house more beautiful and useful, we needed to start by getting some supplies.  Our first task was to get our bedroom painted normal colors, there will be pictures tomorrow so you can see what it is now.  We had registered for all green and brown decorations for our wedding, but have yet to be able to use any of them.  I decided that I would go to the hardware store by myself, so I could shop without any opinions of what we actually "needed".  This was my list:
White paint
Primer
Rollers
Two painting kits - because we can't share
Breathing masks - because I am pregnant
Tray liners
Ceiling roller
Paint Brushes
Drop Cloths

Well, $138 later and we are ready to finally paint!  When I got my house back in 2007, the whole thing needed to be painted.  The previous owners had smoked in the house for years and the walls were covered in tar.  This was seeping through the paint that was currently there and it irritated me to no end.  This project is going to allow us to install more storage in our bedroom and make room for the new baby.  

After shopping for materials I was done for the day, we will paint tomorrow and then probably the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how your bedroom looks when you're done! I hate how much home improvement costs!

    ReplyDelete