Saturday, October 20, 2012

You will be BFF's with the customer service rep at USCIS

This is Part 6 of a series on How to get your husband or wife a green card.  Check out the whole series here.
 

This process was very confusing for both Dufda and I.  He had friends that had gone through it, but I never knew anyone that had to go through this process.  I looked online at every forum and website there was trying to figure out who to call, what to send, and where to go.  It was still confusing.  When I was in doubt, I called USCIS.  Their phone number is 1-800-675-5283.  You are going to get frustrated because it is automated, but I have a trick.  You need to just stay on the line, past the automated menu, and they will always transfer you to a real person.  These people are really nice and will help you with everything.  The one even told me I was a good wife for trying to get everything correct.  This makes you feel better when you are on the verge of tears and drowning in paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment