Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Half-Baked Favorite Things

Half-Baked Favorite Things



Reaching the half way point of this pregnancy feel like a huge deal to me.  I can't believe half of it is behind me, specially because it has not been all flowers and sunshine.  I have compiled a list of my favorite/must have items for the first half on this pregnancy.

1.  An awesome pair of nail clippers
     I feel like I cut my nails daily they grow so much.  There is honestly no better and liberating feeling then cutting off grown in nails.  Well, at least during pregnancy this feels great.  My nails have become so hard that without a good pair of clippers I may never get to shorten these daggers.

2.  My Snoogle
     This pillow is a life saver.  At 20 weeks, I have one way I can sleep...on my left side.  Any other way, Nugget is so heavy that he pushes on my bladder and I wake up every ten minutes to go pee.  This pillow puts you in that position and keeps you there.  It also separates your legs so you get rid of hip pain.

3.  Target Tees
     I have had a hard time buying maternity clothes.  In the beginning you are too small to fit into most of it.  I found these shirts that will stretch throughout pregnancy.  They are flattering, too.

4.  Marshmallow Blanket
     I want to be comfortable at all times.  Along with my Snoogle I needed a super cozy blanket.  This blanket is fluffy and warm and puts me right to sleep.  It is perfect to curl up with on a rainy day or when you are just feeling crappy.

5.  Airwick Plug-ins
     I can smell everything and I mean everything.  Dufda insists I am crazy because he doesn't smell any of the same things I complain about.  To fix this situation, I have plugged these air fresheners in every outlet in our home.  It now smells like an apple paradise.

6.   Cheese Fries
     This is the one craving that I can not kick.  I think this is because you can't get that melty cheese everywhere.  I prefer that they have a ton of cheese, lots of ketchup and sitting in vinegar.

7.  My Husband
     He is awesome.  It took him awhile to get what being pregnant was doing to my body, but now he understands and is always there to cuddle or wipe the throw up off my face.

8.  Granny Panties
     This is all I want to sleep in at night.  Anything to tight makes me need to go to the bathroom continuously.  Flattering- No.  Comfy - Yes.

9.  Hair Things
     No, not to tie your hair back.  These are to extend the life of your regular jeans.  You loop it around the button and through the button hole, then back around the button.  Walah! your jeans fit, sort of.

10.  Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins
      I tried the One-a-Days and they were awful.  These are made from food so they actually smell good.  They are large, but I think most of them are.

11. Preggie Pops
     Before I was able to get to the midwife for some medicinal relief, this is what I used.  They are still a good in between pills to deal with nausea and taste so good.  I did a review on them early on, check it out here.

12.  Good Toilet Paper
     I feel like all I do is go to the bathroom.  Along with needing to have a clean bathroom all the time, you need to get that nice toilet paper, and a lot of it.

13.  Tomatoes
      I love tomatoes!  I put them in vinegar.  I bite into them with salt.  I put them on salads.  I put them on sandwiches.  I have eaten pounds of tomatoes since getting pregnant.

14.  Leggings
     I hate pants and being pregnant makes it so I not only hate pants, but no pants fit me.  Legging fit though.  I wear them with everything, sometimes shirts that don't cover my butt so it looks like I forgot my pants.  Sometimes my leggings are ill fitting in the crotch region, but I don't care, because I am pregnant and I will live in full panel leggings until this baby is born.

15.  Zofran
     If I had never been prescribed Zofran I would be miserable 24/7.  This is my life saver.  Yes, sometimes Zofran and I have a love hate relationship because it causes miserable headaches, but it keeps my food down.

16.  Good Toothpaste
     You may say, "Why toothpaste?"  Well that is because I throw up almost every time I brush my teeth, so if I didn't have a good toothpaste I would be miserable.  I have heard that children's toothpaste works well, but I prefer a whitening.

What are your favorite things while pregnant?

13 comments:

  1. I love the Rainbow Just Once Prenatals! Make sure you get the just once type, though, or you'll end up taking like a million horse pills a day.. I also think they kind of stink, but every pregnant nose is different. :)
    I totally couldn't live without Sonic. Seriously, between the tator tots and the shakes I think I'm keeping them in business. Plus there are 4 or 5 on my way home. It's just plain mean.
    http://our-little-hill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow Light prenatals are my favorites, too. Although, if you DON'T get the Just Once ones, they aren't as big. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by tose prenatal vitamins. I tried two other kinds, but those are the best! They never made me feel ill. Also....don't ever tell my hubby I told you, BUT he swears they prevent hangovers. He'll have a few beers and then go, "Can I have one of your prenatals?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think taking a multi-vitamin after a night out helps no matter what! I used to take flinstone's after drinking and the next morning it would be way better than if I didn't!

      Delete
    2. I thought I was the only one who had discovered that secret.

      Delete
  4. I need #2, I love #3 and now I want chili cheese fries!

    I take the Rainbow Lite DHA! They're great, don't taste fishy at all~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you not have a snoogle yet!! You need to go get one asap!

      Delete
  5. omg chili cheese fries!! I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived for grannie panties while I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Snoogle was my FAVORITE and I brought it with me everywhere :o) I just let a friend borrow it for her pregnancy and I kind of miss it already :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice! Thanks for adding to the discussion.Thanks for putting this together! It looks very cool so far. I’ll be checking back to see the full plans.

    ReplyDelete