Monday, August 13, 2012

We met, We fell in Love, We got Married

Hi Everyone!  This is the story, or as I call it the fairy tale, of how I met the man of my dreams and our journey to make a little Jordanian family.  I'm Samantha and I will be your narrator, my husband, who we will just refer to as Dufda, will be the co-star.  So this is how the story goes:
I was working in a Athens, Ohio, a small town in southwestern Ohio where Ohio University is located.  Dufda was attending Ohio University to get his Master's Degree, he's a smarty pants!  What make this story so fantastic is: I am from Pittsburgh, Pa, Dufda is from Irbid, Jordan (Yes, like Jordan the country), and we met in the wonderful little town of Athens, Ohio.
So we met, we fall in love, then we get engaged!

The Ring!!

Then two days later, much to my parents surprise, we got married!  We had an Islamic ceremony in Columbus, Ohio.  If you have never been to one of these, this is kind of the jist: WARNING: I do not intend to poke fun at Dufda's culture
So this is how it went for most of the time, notice I am not present (I wouldn't understand anything they were saying anyway, even if I was present)
This is me signing our marriage contract (in a seperate room), also mainly in Arabic.


Yay! We are married, atleast I think that is what I just agreed to.
This is not everyone's fairy tale wedding.  Mine kind of looked more like this:
 
Don't fret, I did get a cake, Thanks Aunt Michelle!

 This was actually only wedding 1 of 2, the other one was planned in 30 days (a whole other blog in itself) and occured on December 3, 2011.  Aren't we just a perfect couple:
Dufda and I during our first look photos


1 comment:

  1. The particular Aquadura the queen's securing method works on the normal cork which is taken care of and also rado replica to ensure the waterproof qualities. That is utilized to close up the particular the queen's, which can be the particular portion which is many susceptible to, and also afflicted with, h2o loss. Inside the nineties, the particular Mido Planet Timer has been released. This is an operating observe which could present the area moment with virtually any area of the planet. An individual were required to merely deliver the particular involved metropolis for the 12 o’clock place and also media the particular the queen's to find out the area louis vuitton replica bags because metropolis. Mido will be nowadays an integral part of the particular Swatch party, the radiant firm together with above one hundred fifty creation centres around the globe. A lot of the creation centres come in Swiss, with all the sleep distributed above nations around the world just like Italy, rolex replica, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and also Cina. Swatch party furthermore has brand names for instance Omega, Longines, Rado, and more. An individual provides mentioned in which the fact remains poisonous. Alternatively you can find those who cannot start to see the fact cartier replica due to notion. In case a any person attracts the eye of the unaware folks on the information next there exists a potential for in which blunder not necessarily getting duplicated and in some cases the particular tag heuer replica sale may be rectified. A lot of people specifically those that acquire Tissot Timepieces or perhaps any Europe produced observe have no idea of several important concerns which may help make their particular observe worthless.

    ReplyDelete