Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Belly Book

When I found out that I was pregnant I knew that I wanted to keep track of every moment.  The Belly Book was one of the ways I choose to do this.  The Belly Book is a nine-month journal to document your growing belly, doctor's appointments, cravings, feelings and much more. 

The author, Amy Krouse Rosenthal, separated the book into trimesters, then into weeks from there. 

What I liked about that style of the journal is that it has both free space to write what you wish, and pages that prompt you to write about what is most likely happening to you at that moment in your pregnancy.   The journal also gives you plenty of room at the end of each trimester to write a reflection, we use this to write letters to Nugget, one from me and one from Dufda.

I paired this with a pregnancy calendar, that I will review later on, to keep track of everything that I am feeling and doing.  Along with areas to journal, The Belly Book also provides places to add pictures of your belly each week, ultrasounds, and then at the end, your little nugget.
There are some downfalls to this journal:  The book starts at week one of pregnancy and there is no real week one.  I just used this space to journal what I was doing at that time for memories.  It is also geared towards someone having a hospital birth.  Since I am using a birth center, some of the prompts do not apply to me.  I just crossed them out and added my own.  Buy your own copy here http://www.amazon.com/The-Belly-Book-Nine-Month-Journal/dp/0307336182/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1346074218&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=the+bump+book


1 comment:

  1. There are designer leather replica watches uk that can last for years. You can use them in any way you want to. The trendy, hot and sexy designs of the designer purses are always pleasing to eyes. Designers offer numerous designs and images that go with almost any outfit. Designer purses are really roomy and large. You can carry all your necessity items in the bag like make-up. Moreover, some hublot replica uk are highly brand conscious. It makes them feel proud to carry their favorite bag, by a worldwide famous designer. To be honest, one particular accessory that a lot of ladies take into consideration as a necessity is a rolex replica uk. Literally, there is this kind of demand for girls designer hublot replica uk in the market that the varieties continuously rises. As each and every new year begins there are dozens of new models of women fake hublot obtainable. Each and every lady has her own sense of type and consequently she would inclined to pay for purses that reflect that.

    ReplyDelete