Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pittsburgh Bump Club Christmas Party

I had my second gathering with the Pittsburgh Bump Club this weekend.  We had our Christmas party at one of the girl's clubhouse and it was perfect.  The party consisted of a pot luck and white elephant gift exchange. 

For the pot luck I chose to make my crescent roll  Christmas tree shaped veggie pizza.  I think I make this once every holiday season because it is just so cute.  Here is what you need to make this wonderful creation:
  • 2 packages of Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 8 oz. of Philadelphia cream cheese, soften
  • 1 tsp of dried dill
  • 1/8 of tsp of garlic powder
  • yellow pepper
  • green pepper
  • red pepper
  • carrots
  • broccoli
 First you need to unwrap the Pillsbury crescent rolls and keep them in roll form.  You are going to cut these to make little pinwheels.  Typically I cut about 7-10 per roll depending on what kind of tree I am wanting to make.  You want to place them on a non-stick cookie sheet, cut side down.  After you bake them as the package directs you to, you will get something that looks like this:
This now needs to cool completely.  You now prepare the spread by combining the sour cream, cream cheese, dill and garlic.  I used an electric mixer because I like it to be really smooth.  I set that aside, because usually I do not wait long enough for the cream cheese to soften. 

While I wait I get to chopping and carving the vegetables.  The yellow pepper I always use to make a star at the top of the Christmas tree.  Find the flat side and then just carve away.  The rest of the pepper I chop into little squares that will look like lights.  The red pepper is sliced into long pieces to be made into the garland on the tree.  Carrots just chopped to make round ornaments.  Broccoli chopped to make the evergreen.
You will then spread your cream cheese mixture over the whole tree.  I start by placing the star at the top and then making the red garland.  You can then use all other vegetables to fill in the holes.  Then you are done and have super cute and simple holiday treat!



Now onto clean up....Dufda always gets mad because I make a ton of dishes.  How can you get mad at this pregnant lady?!

 

Next up was to get together presents for the white elephant gift exchange.  I had two gifts left from my wedding that were awful and thought they would be perfect so I wrapped them up and that was done. 

I bought a purple dress on Amazon that really was to big to wear as a dress on its own, so I decided to use this for my outfit tonight.  We both got ready and headed off because it was quite the drive for us.

A lot more people showed up than I had originally thought which was great.  We had so much food and yummies and of course non-alcoholic wine and my new favorite, non-alcoholic beer.

During the white elephant gift exchange, I pulled first to go and Dufda picked #2.  The first gift I opened up was awesome: Yankee Candle!


Who knows why I am making that face.  Dufda was up next!  He got a dancing Christmas decoration thingamajig.

It was actually very funny. Well, my gift got stolen from me by an unnamed pregnant lady and I had to pick another.  This was what I got next:
That would be Always pads, Witch Hazel and two adorable baby hats.  I thought this was a great gift, if you have read anything about being pregnant before you know why.  And because of this, it was also stolen!  But that pregnant lady wasn't going to get to keep it for long because as the white elephant gift exchange goes, I get one last chance to steal.  After I had my wonderful gift stolen, I opened a bottle of Narcisi wine.  Yes, a very nice gift of which I have no use for.  So I stole my pads, witch hazel and baby hats back.  Within this stealing mess, someone also stole Dufda's gift and we had to end up with one of the same gifts that we bought.  All in all it was great night!




 

1 comment:

  1. Still, using a fabulous Hulu VPN for USA just about anyone may well readily develop allowed by the law fake rolex watches to make sure you all of these webpages and that can begin the process of having fun with lots of the internet night-life may be capitalize on. This is exactly just by and additionally very far filled with cash that one can keep performing taking a look at Hulu for North america or possibly Netflix the european union. To get a Hulu VPN for USA the crucial element you will want to implement is normally dash a useful via the internet investigate providers. As soon as you execute this you'll certainly be omega replica watches to determine there exists almost tons of these sort of products and services. You now have to take some time to get started with judging all of these offerings products and services. Constantly be sure to completely study every different VPN service plan that you're most likely buy rolex replica exploiting. For you to do this approach so that you can be picking up a supplier that features boundless bandwidth and also insures superior accelerate internet. The moment omega replica uk arrives to taking a look at Hulu for North america it is advisable to maintain ones sticking with knowledge in view. This forum comes with aided tons of all those the european union and additionally for North america for buying the right VPN provider there to tag heuer replica. The crucial element you should know about is normally requirements appliances you happen to be choosing to take over Netflix and additionally Hulu. Plenty of people are only hoping to have a very SYSTEM or possibly APPLE to take over all of these webpages versatile individuals just want to benefit from most of the mobile phone or possibly playing games platforms.

    ReplyDelete