Friday, December 21, 2012

2nd Trimester Recap - Everyone is a liar...


When I did my recap on the first trimester you might remember that I was really hoping for some relief from this awful pregnancy that I had got myself into.  Check out my thoughts here.  I am sad to say that this has not happened.  I am just one of those people who do not get to enjoy pregnancy.  I am still on Zofran daily and even with that, the nausea never stops.  I have heard enough people tell me, "Shouldn't morning sickness be over by now?"  That the next one who says it to me might get vom-ed on.

I did finally get my bump that I wanted!  It is incredible to look at those pictures over time.  I don't even remember how it feels to be that small anymore.  I love this bump!  I love dressing my bump up, and I love looking pregnant.  Dufda loves this bump and he looks at me daily and gets excited about how pregnant I am.

What I do not love about this bump is the pain and in convenience it brings.  The second trimester is a great time of change.  It is when you first experience the joys of sneezing and peeing yourself at the same time...or laughing, or throwing up, everything causes you to pee.  It also when you realize, as well as your husband realizes that you now own the bed.  He is best to find other arrangements if you would like to ever get comfortable again.  Dufda knows that he best not be crossing the snoogle barrier in bed and disrupt my fortress of pillows that keeps me sane.

I have also learned through the second trimester that everyone has this incredible opinion on your pregnancy, but when you share your opinion you will be wrong.  You are not allowed to have a say in anything that is different than what your mother, sister, great grandma's aunt did.  I am not one to keep quiet though, so I share my strong opinion almost just to erk people because guess what all pregnant women are smug.

 As well as you do not have the right to feel pregnant until you are about to have a baby descend the birth canal.  It is like you are not pregnant enough to be tired or sore or have awful heartburn yet.  And that brings me to the next wonderful thing that happens during the second trimester.

What is with the heart burn?!  I am hungry, I am finally sort of eating for two people that need food, but I cannot get anything to feel good in my stomach because I feel like I am a fire breathing dragon.  Peanut butter sandwiches and white rice are what make me feel good.  Pair this with the fact that the second trimester ran right through Thanksgiving and it made for one very unhappy pregnant lady.

Next up: Nesting.  You hear about this great phenomenon that happens when you get pregnant.  You will want to clean you house and never stop.  This is totally true.  What no one tells you is that you will clean and want to clean and organize the crap out everything in your home but your body will feel like that of a 90 year old lady so you won't be able to.  This will then cause this extreme hate for your husband who does not have this nesting need, but does have the ability to complete these tasks, but will not do them.  The second trimester is when we started our nursery too.  This paired with my total lack of energy has made this a huge chore.  My nesting has created this insane need to sew...EVERYTHING!  This is also cruel because I can't sit for very long, but I have this whole plan in my head how I am going to make custom monster curtains for Jad, that he will probably never care about, but I can't get comfortable enough to make them.

Near the end of the second trimester you have gained enough weight and have a big enough bump that you are unable to breath like you used to and you get so tired walking anywhere.   Shopping isn't very fun, grocery shopping is a huge chore and laundry will be the death of me.  How much longer do I have again?

No one sugar coats the third trimester.  This is because you are so pregnant that you are going to pop at any moment.  You have developed 8 chins from you 30-40 new best friends, and by friends I mean all those extra pounds you put on.   I have seen numbers on that scale that I was never even close to pre-pregnancy.  I told this to my wonderful dad to which his come back was, can you even see the scale anymore...haha your so funny. You are getting kicked to the point of taking your breath away because this little baby is running out of room.  And your belly button...don't even get me started on that.  

My third trimester is going to full of midwife appointments every two weeks, childbirth class, breastfeeding class, newborn class, baby shower, maternity pictures, finishing up the nursery, getting the house ready for the baby, and trying not to go completely insane.  I am hoping for an end of February baby, so everyone keep their fingers crossed.



4 comments:

  1. Ah, I hated third trimester! I know the last month or so I hibernated, and wouldn't allow anyone in our house because I was so uncomfortable (it was summer though and sooo hot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awful, anyone that says they love pregnancy is either a flat out liar or a lucky daughter-of-a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT Welcome to the 3rd Trimester. Mine has been filled with being exhausted, huge and no nesting kicking in. And I'm only a week in. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your descriptions are so great! I'm still waiting for nesting to kick in. It WILL kick in, right?! My 3rd tri will most likely be filled with much of the same as yours. We still have everything to do in the nursery and I'm getting a little freaked out about getting everything done in time.

    ReplyDelete