Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pittsburgh's Day of Giving



I wish I could shout from the rooftops about how much I enjoyed my birth experience.  If you haven't read my birth story and are interested, hop over to here.  I gave birth at the Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health in the Strip District.  



This puts me in the just over 1% of people who gave birth in the United States out of the hospital.  It baffles my mind that so few people choose an out of hospital birth.  I believe that this setting creates an environment that is relaxing and welcoming thus making your labor and birth much easier.  Along with prenatal care, The Midwife Center also covers well women care within a walk-in program for anyone who has issues receiving care.  Your donation will help fund their Ruth Brexendorf Stifel Fellowship which brings new midwife graduates to Pittsburgh and allows them to care for more women.  It will also allow for The Midwife Center to continue to offer scholarships for women and their families to attend prenatal classes that are vital to put every new parent's mind at ease.  To ensure that we are able to keep this high quality and extremely personalized care available to the women of Pittsburgh, we need to pull together and support The Midwife Center.


Today, at 12:00am, starts the Day of Giving 2013.   Pittsburgh Gives will divide a total of $750,000 among the participating Allegheny County nonprofits based on how much is donated.  If you would like a complete break down please visit their website.  The minimum donation is $25 and they will match any donation up to $1000/organization base on a prorated system.  Only donations made with a Visa or Mastercard will be matched.  I encourage you to donate to The Midwife Center so we can continue to allow women to choose where they give birth.  



If you are donating, tell us where your donation went below.

1 comment:

  1. I love that we have the freedom to choose where to give birth in this country and I definitely plan to utilize a birthing center like you did. I wish I had the resources to donate to yours, but I just don't right now. :( The Pittsburgh day of giving sounds like a wonderful day for your community!

    ReplyDelete