Saturday, October 19, 2013

Babywearing: How it gets me through play time




On this rainy Saturday Nugget decided that he wanted to do a blog post on the benefits of babywearing to educate all the others on how he solves his day to day problems.  When I want to play and Baby needs attention, I babywear.


Tightening your rails is key to achieving the height I got in this ruck

I like to keep Baby close and safe on my back as to not interfere with my daily activities.  Her hips are properly supported and she is up high so she can enjoy play time as well.  When the unthinkable happens and a Weeble wobbles and does fall down, I am thankful for babywearing because I can pick him right up again.

Oh No! Let's pick up the Weeble

When Baby was just born she preferred a front cross carry but since she has learned great head control we have been mastering back carries.  My favorite is a simple ruck because it doesn't take much time and I am able to use mommy's scarf because I don't need a lot of length.  Baby loves it back there and sometimes during playtime she falls asleep.

Baby sounds asleep during playtime

I always make sure she has a clear airway and then I keep on playing.  While babywearing I can keep Baby happy and learn my shapes, colors and my ABCS all at the same time.  I am such a great multitasker.  When I go to play dates all the other kids are struggling trying to hold their Babies and shake their rattles.  I struggle with spreading the message about babywearing as I know it isn't for everyone.  Usually I just shout from my boppy, "Carry them!"

This is me spreading the word





1 comment: