Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Puppy Love



Our Nugget is getting real close to sitting up, which means we are also getting real close to Nugget and our Great Pyrenees, Dolce interacting.  I'm not to worried but I would love some input from my readers.

When we brought Nugget home, Dolce was at my parents.  We picked her up that same day because I didn't want her to miss the new baby.  Flashback three months earlier, we had three dogs.  Two had to be put down because they got ill and were very old.  I had imagined that we would be a family of six, 3 two legged and 3 four legged.  It didn't work out that way, so one should be easy, right?  I laugh now thinking about how I would look wearing Nugget while walking three dogs, people already look at me like I am crazy with one.  We didn't do the typical advice of giving an item that smelled like the baby to the dog because we were only at the birth center for 4 hours.  We just threw caution to the wind and hoped for the best. 



At first Dolce wasn't very interested or excited about Nugget but she definitely knew her life had changed. She was more sad and sort of off for the first couple of weeks.  I couldn't really take her anywhere because it was so cold outside so we were stuck in the house which just added to making her sad.  Near the end of my maternity leave we started to take her to the park more and on longer walks.  She then started to really like the baby.  When Nugget would cry, she would post herself up right next to the crib or bark to let us know that something was wrong.

In regards to Dolce interacting with Nugget now, I let her lick or even nibble on Nugget as long as I am present and he isn't upset.  I don't want Dolce to associate the baby with being yelled at.  Nugget has started to pull on her tail but other than that he just smiles at her.  The other day Dolce gave Nugget a ton of kisses on his face and I was so happy that he didn't freak out. 


We have had a lot of luck with Dolce not grabbing the babies toys and not going around him when he is having floor time.  I hope this continues when Nugget starts sitting up, showing more interest and later becoming mobile.  

I would love for you to share your experience with introducing baby to dog to give me some pointers as I know we have the hardest part ahead of us.

1 comment:

  1. So let’s come back to my fake rado sale conversation with Audemars Piguet CEO Francois Bennahmias. After running the united states market for the brand, he returned to Europe to take the positioning as the global CEO. Audemars Piguet is among the fake tag heuer sale few highly successful and well-known luxury watch makers in the united states, and his understanding of the fake cartier sale market makes him distinctly capable in managing a luxury mechanical watch maker in the 21st century. The fake rolex sale United states is, after all, returning to being the most important luxury watch market in the world, as China’s economic settling is moving it back to a number two position. Francois Bennahmias is not out of place in chanel outlet Art Basel wearing a purple jacket, though given the relative flamboyance of the outfits at the show, he is dressed quite conservatively in comparison. Anyone who meets Francois for the first time quickly finds that she is both jovial and clever.

    ReplyDelete