Monday, February 24, 2014

Stretch Your Tax Refund Further: Walmart Best Plan Brings You Unlimited Talk Text and Data/Web #FamilyMobile

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.


When I married Dufda I entered into a whole new world of no contract cell phones.  I always thought that we were at the mercy of the big providers and their 2 year contracts.  That is so not the case and why I am happy to tell you about the Walmart Family Mobile Plan today! We are all in the midst of tax time and planning what to use those coveted tax returns on, right?  Who wouldn't want to ditch the contract and get an awesome phone (for under $100 might I add) and some of the cheapest wireless plans around? This can really stretch your refund further that you ever imagined.  So let me tell you how to get the most bang for your buck and the best cellular situation with Walmart Best Plans.



Dufda and I have a collection of about 5 cell phones between us.  It is a serious issue but you never know when one will break.  When approached to review the Nokia Lumia 521, I was stoked because it would be the first Windows phone I would be giving a go.  We are very familiar with paying out right for our phones to avoid a contract and really do like the latest technology.  The Nokia Lumia retails at Walmart for $98.88.  That's it and it is all yours, no contract to fulfill.  Never thought to go to Walmart to get your cell phone?  Well neither did I.  Walmart Family Mobile is powered by T-mobile so you get the trusted nework with the amazing Walmart price.  Although the Nokia Lumia 521 lacks some of the bells and whistles of it's more expensive counterparts it is a great device to keep in contract with loved ones at a very reasonable rate.  I am very familiar with the Android operating system so there was a learning curve to mastering the Windows set up.  It is very similar to that of my desktop though, so it helped a bit.  You are able to customize the screen with what ever tiles you need and use the most and most importantly...you can change the color.  You see I went with my all time favorite, pink.  When you are using anything that is built into the phone, the Lumia preforms very fast.  If you are using anything that doesn't come with the phone, you are sitting around waiting for it to load which is a bummer. The phone is lacking a forward facing camera and a flash on the camera it does have.  This greatly reduces the quality of picture that you can take and it going to make any mom think twice about purchasing since cell photos document our kid's life.



These are both candid shots taken with cell phones.  The quality from the Nokia is definitely poorer than the Samsung.  This is disappointing because many Nokia phones having amazing cameras and can take some beautiful pictures.  The Nokia Lumia 521 may lack a great camera but it does have a very solid feel to it.  I think I can worry a little less about this one versus my Samsung because 1. I doubt it will break as easy and 2. I can replace it for just $100.

The phone is affordable, but are the plans?  Walmart Family Mobile plans are no contract and offer an Unlimited Talk, Text and Web experience for much less that those big name carriers.  For one month you are going to be paying $39.99 and you can cancel at any time.  That is $50 less that the plan that I had while on a contract!  Want to add another line?  That line will be just $34.99.  If you do not need the web, you can get your cost down to $29.99.  When you first sign up you will purchase the phone along with an starter kit which brings your total cost to $133.



The process was simple, but improvement can definitely be made on Walmart's behalf to make it even better.  I chose the phone that I was going to purchase and had to wait for a sale associate to retrieve it for me.  The wait was maybe five minutes but I have a one year old so it feels much longer.  The sale associates were not very familiar with the cell phone and my husband had to help them open it up to get the battery in.  I am not very sure why they must open up the cell phone there.  The battery was not charged so there was really no reason to unpackage in the store.  I wonder if you are giving this as a gift if you could do the activation at home instead.  The whole set up was lengthy and I was getting antsy to get out of there.  If I go to Walmart I want to get in and get out regardless of what I am buying.  As with anything in Walmart, there are lots of choices to pick from.  The Walmart Family phones were also next to the T-mobile phones (as pictured at the top) and if you are looking for a specific product you may not know which one you are suppose to buy.  We even questioned it because there was a display for what looked like a better price T-mobile plan near the Walmart Family Mobile.  

With this entire experience I am just excited to see more options that do not tie people down to contracts.  We should be able to change our minds, upgrade our phones and pay what we want without two companies controlling every move we make.  Seriously though, ditch the contract.  Take that tax return and get a sturdy phone with a plan that lets you quit them if you aren't satisfied.  That way you know they are going to try their hardest to keep you.

3 comments:

  1. Gundam is perhaps the first merchandise-supported anime replica louis vuitton series, and is rather the odd man out. It was these hobbyists who kept Gundam alive in Japan and in the US, with their model shows and contests at conventions and their support rolex replica of the franchise financially. Gundam is a prime example of the fans creating demand for more story and more mecha, instead of anime studios and media corporations http://izarracentre.com/err.html artificially creating demand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a no contract cell phone plan. This look like something my family can use to save some money. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete